Route 1 from Village shop and return (about one hour)
- From NC shop turn left (east) towards Woolston for about 200 m.
- Follow finger post on right (concrete track) and take WN19/96 on right (east).
- Follow track and then on continuing path east.
- Approximately 20 metres before WN19/81 turns 90° to the north, take path WN19/82 to the right (south).
- Pass barn on right in second field and walk to far end of hedgerow on right.
- Turn sharp right 45° (north west) onto WN19/80.
- Follow route across field to bridge and stile and continue same direction (north west) over second stile in midfield hedge.
- Continue across field to emerge over stile onto short track.
- Turn right and emerge on Woolston Road.
- Turn left to return to Village shop.
The interactive Rights of Way map, not only maps all footpaths and bridleways and restricted byways, but walkers can report where they find faults with stiles etc. and cross cropping of paths.
The Countryside Code helps give balance with regard to the relationship of public rights over private land and encourages responsible use of the routes.
Funded by Somerset Community Grant & donation from The Newt