Serving North Cadbury, Yarlington & Galhampton
Route 4 Short walk without stiles from the Village shop and return (about one hour)
- With back to the Village shop turn right (west) and after about 100m take the avenue on the left (south) to the church, WN19/76.
- Entering the churchyard, follow the path round the church and turn right at the west door through the churchyard and the ‘kissing’ gate into the field.
- Cross the field, descend the steps, and taking due care, cross the road.
- Take WN19/77 and follow the track.
- Bear left round duck pond and continue with the hedge on the right for approx. 50m.
- Turn right (north) through the gate and follow the path straight ahead through the orchard.
After about 25m leave the orchard through the gate and the steps on the left.
- Turn right (north) along Ridgeway Lane and after about 20m enter Clare Field through the gateway on the left onto WN19/75.
- Following the garden wall on the right, take WN19/75 initially to the right and then diagonally left (north- west) across the field to the bridge.
- Cross the bridge and turn right (north east) onto WN19/106.
- When the path meets the road, turn right and before the village school turn left into Chapel Lane.
- At the end of Chapel Lane, turn right (south) onto WN19/107.
- At junction with path, keep straight ahead on WN19/67 across the footbridge, through the small metal gate, over another footbridge and a second gate and follow WN19/67 straight ahead (south) across the field and back to the Village shop.
The interactive Rights of Way map, not only maps all footpaths and bridleways and restricted byways, but walkers can report where they find faults with stiles etc. and cross cropping of paths.
The Countryside Code helps give balance with regard to the relationship of public rights over private land and encourages responsible use of the routes.
Funded by Somerset Community Grant & donation from The Newt